Re: Purcell and de Brossard scores ?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Purcell and de Brossard scores ?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 13:54:24 +0200

2008/5/10 David Séverin <address@hidden>:
> Hi everyone,

Hi David,

First off, just one comment: if you are a French-speaking LilyPonder,
you might be interested in knowing that there's a special
LilyPond-dedicated mailing list in French:

>         this is of topic, sorry for the noise, if someone can
>         recommand another mailing list for these kind of questions,
>         I'll use it in the future.

Off-topicness is generally appreciated here (and on the French list as well).

>  I am looking for
>
>         'Ode  for St  Cecilia's Day'
>         'Welcome to All The Pleasures'
>
>         score and/or parts [from H. Purcell]
>
>  and 'Cantiques Sacrez from Sébastien de Brossard:
>
>         ' Salve Rex Christe'
>         'Psallite Superi'
>         'O Domine'
>         'Festis Laeta Sonent'
>
>  before to purchase these, I was looking and searching internet,
>  couldn't find any free score of these, anybody aware of a source
>  university library or ... ?

Have you had a look at http://icking-music-archive.org/ByComposer/Purcell.php?

Otherwise, if you ever do find and copy such a (public domain) score
using LilyPond, please consider sending it to the Mutopia project:
http://www.mutopiaproject.org/

It's a very useful resource for musicians and LilyPonders.

>  if not, is there a site where people exchange [sell] scores that they
>  don't use anymore ?

I don't. Anyone else?

Cheers,
Valentin