Re: Linux and lilypond

From: Rafael F. Compte
Subject: Re: Linux and lilypond
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 16:37:09 -0300

Hello, if you are using Fedora 8 you might benefit from this tutorial
that shows how to manage software with yum. Check it here
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/SoftwareManagementGuide

You can also use graphical interfaces in order to manage packages. Hit
Alt + F2 an type pirut (which is a graphical frontend to yum) to look
for software. I highly recommend installing Lilypond from the
repositories. You are looking for two packages: lilypond and
lilypond-doc so you get the documentation also, which will be
installed under /usr/share/doc/lilypond-doc-2.10.*

I hope that would clarify some things.

Rafael