Re: *.mid vs *.midi

From: Karl Hammar
Subject: Re: *.mid vs *.midi
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 22:38:00 +0200 (CEST)

Don:
> Is there a way to direct LilyPond to use the .mid extension as opposed
> to .midi?  I see in the archives that the choice of extensions has been
> discussed, but I can find no way to change it.

>From version 2.8 (I think) and up, find the file:

  midi.scm

Edit that file, go to the end of it:

    (if (pair?  perfs)
        (begin
          (ly:performance-write
           (car perfs)
           (if (> count 0)
               (format #f "~a-~a.midi" basename count)
               (format #f "~a.midi" basename)))
          (loop (cdr perfs) (1+ count))))))

change the .midi to .mid, and you should get what you want (though I
have not tested it).

Regards,
/Karl