Re: question about multiple choir staff's in one system

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: question about multiple choir staff's in one system
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 21:40:45 +0100

Hi

You have correctly used << .. >> round the staves within each ChoirStaff,
but you have not placed << ..  >> round the several ChoirStaves.  You get
errors in the first attempt as LilyPond does not permit sequential ChoirStaves.

The second attempt works because everything is now simultaneous - the
second ChoirStaff is within the << .. >> construct of the first, etc.

However, a more logical arrangement is to make the several
ChoirStaves simultaneous using the << .. >> construct around
all of them, as follows:

\score {
 <<  %  This is the simultaneous construct you missed
   \new ChoirStaff <<
     \staffSoprano
     \staffAlto
     \staffTenor