Re: *.mid vs *.midi

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: *.mid vs *.midi
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 12:16:36 +0200

On 18 May 2008, at 10:34, Valentin Villenave wrote:

and if you are using makefiles, lilypond don't have to solve that
problem, you could just as easily add an mv-line in the makefile.

If we all were using makefiles (including the newbies on Win32), then
we wouldn't be having this discussion at all :-)

On UNIX, like OS X, one can run the command
  lilypond foo.ly && mv foo.midi foo.mid
Easy to repeat - on OS X, use the up arrow key. Or write a script or alias.

But I also think Lilypond should make it as simple as possible for newbies.

  Hans