Re: launch scripts (was: *.mid vs *.midi)

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: launch scripts (was: *.mid vs *.midi)
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 16:52:38 +0200

On 18 May 2008, at 14:56, fiëé visuëlle wrote:

I used the existence of a PDF as indicator if LilyPond was successful - it says "file failed" very often even if the output is ok.

OK. Perhaps Lilypond has the problem and not always produces the expected exit code.

Also, you might put in an error if Lilypond fails
  lilypond $1.ly || {error message; exit 1}
or something.

Thanks for the hint, I should look up how I can check the result in an "if" statement...

This checks for the exit code. So if that one is an error even when a PDF is produced, the script will abort. Best would be to fix lilypond, so that this works correctly.

  Hans