Re: Accent and unaccent signs

From: Kim Bastin
Subject: Re: Accent and unaccent signs
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 02:19:48 +0000 (UTC)

Damian leGassick <damianlegassick <at> mac.com> writes:
> there's a few things to do and a few different places to look in the
> docs - if you search for unicode or utf8 it covers it
>
> then you can use the unicode 02D8 or UTF8 CB 98 for the breve (or 0306/
> CC 86 for the 'combining breve')
>
> the acute is 00B4/C2 B4 and 0301/CC 81 is the combining acute.
>
> the thing i usually forget is to save the file as UTF8 encoded

I have music fonts which contain forms of these characters that are designed for
use in scores. They are arbitrarily assigned to slots in the 8-bit range, so
it's not really a Unicode question, it's a font question. I need to make
Lilypond use a Script consisting of character 0XX in font ProprietoryMusicFont,
and place it always above the note except in \voiceTwo and \voiceFour.

kb