Small crescendo documentation improvement suggestion

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Small crescendo documentation improvement suggestion
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:07:53 +0200

Hi list,

I just tried to make a "cresc. poco - - -" crescendo in version 2.11.46. Since I had no clue how to do it, I went to the documentation. And thanks to the new structure finding the correct page was a breeze. It's on page <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Dynamics#Dynamics >
However, the suggested solution did not work.

This is in the documentation:

\version "2.11.46"
\relative c' {
  \set crescendoText = \markup { \italic "cresc. poco" }
  \set crescendoSpanner = #'dotted-line
  a'2\< a a a a a a a\!\mf
}

And this is what worked

\relative c' {
    \set crescendoText = \markup { \italic "cresc. poco" }
    \set crescendoSpanner = #'text
    \override DynamicTextSpanner #'style = #'dotted-line
    a'2\< a a a a a a a\!\mf
}

Is this a bug in LilyPond or in the docs?

Greetings,
Arjan Bos