Re: *.mid vs *.midi

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: *.mid vs *.midi
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 16:30:01 +0200

On 19 May 2008, at 15:59, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

I would propose to move the remainder of this discussion off the mailing list.

Regards

   /Mats

My hope was to get to the discussion of using in Lilypond Haskell like a "import" construct, which I think might help LilyPond users, as opposed to the current "\include", which I think is more like the C preprocessor "#include", and is trickier to use.

In Haskell one can write:
  module A where
  import List
  ------
  module B where
  import A
  import List

Here, the module List is imported twice in B, but the module system just imports it once. Also, one does not need to worry about the order, so also
  module B where
  import List
  import A
would be OK.

In addition, in C++, one must watch out for the difference between:
  #include "foo.hh"
  namespace B {...}
and
  namespace B {
  #include "foo.hh"
which is not needed in Haskell.

In Lilypond, I thought that perhaps it was such file setup problems that causes problems for users.

  Hans