Re: Different line breaks in parts

From: Walter Hofmeister
Subject: Re: Different line breaks in parts
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:00:06 -0600

Thanks Paul,
This was exactly what I was looking for. Worked like a charm. Thanks also to Kieren for an interesting solution that I want to look into more.

Walter H.

On May 19, 2008, at 2:07 AM, Paul Scott wrote:

Walter Hofmeister wrote:
I am trying to produce a small score for a quartet and parts. What I
am trying to do is to be able to specify different line breaks for
each part. Because the note density is different for each part,
Lilypond produces parts that are too dense for my taste. I would
like to have the music more spread out and not necessarily have the
line breaks in the same places for the different parts. If I have
the line breaks specified in the notes, it will produce undesireable
breaks in one or more of the other parts or the score.
    Any hints on how I can accomplish this? Thanks.
With parallel music and skips

<< { \someMusic } { s1*33 \pageBreak } >>

I have one parallel global part for time and tempo indications, etc.,
one for notes and one for dynamics and I do as above when necessary.

HTH,

Paul Scott