Re: OS X, lyqi and rumor?

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: OS X, lyqi and rumor?
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 20:29:43 +0200

Le 21 mai 08 à 10:44, Christopher Suckling a écrit :

In The LilyPond Report #4
<http://valentin.villenave.info/The-LilyPond-Report-4>, there is a
video in which Nicolas Sceaux demonstrates his lyqi quick insert mode
he wrote for Emacs.

The video appears to demonstrate a lyqi+rumor combination running
under OS X.

no, rumor was not used (for the reason you mention above)

Unfortunately, I have fallen at the first hurdle
attempting to compile rumor on OS X 10.5.2 - rumor requires ALSA which
is, of course, not available for OS X.

So my question to Mr Sceaux (or anyone else who has successfully used
this combination) is how did you do it?

I don't use a MIDI keyboard, only my computer keyboard -- it's
fast enough once you're used to it (it does require some practicing)