Redefining \smallCaps, Sceaux method - compile error

From: Nicholas Wastell
Subject: Redefining \smallCaps, Sceaux method - compile error
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:13:14 +0200

Hello list,

A couple of months ago, Nicolas Sceaux showed some code to redefine the
\smallCaps function to extend support to non-ascii characters (ref:
<http://snipurl.com/smallcaps>).

I have just tried inserting his code in a .ly file, but I see errors on
compiling:

In procedure make-small-caps in expression (make-small-caps
(string->list text) (list) ...):
Wrong number of arguments to #<procedure make-small-caps (rest-chars
currents current-is-lower prev- result)>

The code was cut and pasted from the mail-archive page as it appeared
not to suffer from line wrapping, but there may be some corruption
introduced here.  In a text editor, the code that I'm pasting to
the .ly file is 102 lines.  The actual code is way over my head, so I
am unable to do much with it.

Any advice, please?

--
Nicholas WASTELL