Re: How to show a small glissando?

From: Arjan Bos
Subject: Re: How to show a small glissando?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:59:47 +0200

Thanks Mats,

I looked at the Internal Reference Manual, but I would never have guessed the solution. But it worked like a charm.

Arjan

On 22 mei 2008, at 13:04, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

If you add the following two lines before the first note, the note spacing will be adjusted, when necessary, to give each glissando a minimum length (which is long enough that it's also printed).

\override Glissando #'springs-and-rods = #ly:spanner::set-spacing-rods
\override Glissando #'minimum-length = #4

  /Mats

Arjan Bos wrote:
Dear list,

Could someone please show me how to make a \glissando appear when the notes are very close to each other?

See this small example:
\version "2.11.45"

\paper { ragged-right = ##t } %% makes the first \glissando disappear

\score {
 \relative c'' {
   es8\glissando d4.~ d2 \glissando |
   e1 |