Re: Doc addition: TextSpanner vs. crescendoSpanner

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Doc addition: TextSpanner vs. crescendoSpanner
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 11:19:15 +0200

2008/5/23 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
> Hi Valentin,
>
> I'm not the only guy who tries to make a crescendo spanner with a
> TextSpanner, whereas setting crescendoSpanner (and optionally
> crescendoText) is often more suitable, as shown in
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-03/msg00352.html
>
> What about adding a sentence about this, and a reference to Dynamics in
> 'See also' section in 'Text spanners'?  As Dynamics is quite a long
> node, it is probably a good idea to add
> changing-text-and-spanner-styles-for-text-dynamics.ly in Selected
> snippets too.

Very good idea!

To be honest (as Graham might have noticed) I have very little time to
work on the Documentation right now, since I'm kind of in the middle
of an arm wrestling to finish (and sell) my opera -- therefore I even
had to delay the special LilyPond Report that was initially planned
for this week.

However, your suggestion is noted and will be dealt with in a matter of days.

Cheers,
Valentin