Re: grace notes in TimeSig

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: grace notes in TimeSig
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 21:31:29 +0100

Stefan Thomas wrote Friday, May 23, 2008 9:04 PM

Hmm,
it's an ugly trick, but it works!

Not really.  You have to ensure the timing of ordinary
notes is correctly maintained in sync in simultaneous
contexts, and you have to do the same for grace notes
(although you can get away without doing so as long as
there are no other events like a time signature change
occuring at the same time).

Shouldn't it added to the collection of
snippets?

It is mentioned in the section which deals with grace
notes for release 2.11, under Known issues and warnings,
but maybe Valentin can generate one based on your
example.

Trevor