Re: Moving dynamics (with \dynamicsUp) to the left of the note

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Moving dynamics (with \dynamicsUp) to the left of the note
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 18:10:36 +0200

Am Montag, 26. Mai 2008 schrieben Sie:
> 2008/5/26 Reinhold Kainhofer :
> > So, how can I shift the \f to the left of the note, have if "fall down"
> > (as the LSR snippet 232 indicated) and not take up any space above the
> > note? I tried several different grob property settings, but for all of
> > them the layouting seems to happen before the property moves the \f (some
> > don't even move the \f ...). Attached are my attempts with some comments.
>
> I've faced the same problem and I noticed that you have to tackle with
> DynamicLineSpanner. To make things easier I created two functions.
[...]
> The first one moves the dynamics horizontally and drops / raises it
> closer to the staff if there's room. With the second one you can move
> the dynamics also vertically.

Thanks a lot for the observation! This works indeed for mving the dynamics to
the staff. Unfortunately, in vocal music, it's often needed to move the
dynamics inside the staff lines (see e.g. the attached image, taken from a
hand-engraved Berlioz score), which is not possible with this approach. The
vertical movement can only move the dynamics away from the staff, but not
inside the staff...

Is there any way to move the dynamics inside the staff like in the picture?

Cheers,
Reinhold