Agn: Switch polyrhythms in staffs

From: Hajo Dezelski
Subject: Agn: Switch polyrhythms in staffs
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 21:28:10 +0200

Hello,

sorry to ask again, but I am a newby who has read the manual, but did not understand everything.

I have already set most of the Goldberg Variations BWV 988 and posted them to Mutopia but I have a real problem with Variation 26. It is not the notes which are already set.but the different measures and the change:

On a Pianostaff I have an "upper" voice with \time 18/16 which I coded:
\score ...
 \new Staff = "upper" {
        \time 3/4
        \set Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(18 . 16)
        \compressMusic #'(4 . 6)
        \soprano  }

and  a lower staff:
        \new Staff = "lower"  { ...  \time 3/4 \bass }

This works fine until I have to switch the measure to 3/4 in the upper and 18/16 in the lower staff. And I have to do that a lot of times. It seems that I force the time in the staff and can not change it.

If you need more information I can provide it or even send a copy of the source.

Any help would really be welcome.

Cheers
   Hajo
--
---
... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn