Lyrics-related \overrides in staff context

From: coffer
Subject: Lyrics-related \overrides in staff context
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:34:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I´m wondering if there is a more elegant way to arrange all lyriclines
(stanzas) that belong to a staff than my solution is.

In my score there are 4 staves with 4 stanzas per staff in some cases. And I
want to set the space between the stanzas independently per staff.

This solution doesn´t work:

        \new Staff \with {
                \override Lyrics.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'( -1
. 0 )
        } {\Tenor }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto StimmeEins \lyricmode { TextA }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto StimmeEins \lyricmode { TextB }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto StimmeEins \lyricmode { TextC }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto StimmeEins \lyricmode { TextD }

So I have to put all overrides in every lyrics-line which is not so
convenient:

        \new Staff \with {
                \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'( -1 . 0 )
        } {\Tenor }
                \new Lyrics \with {
                        \override LyricText #'font-size = #-2
                        \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'( 0
. 0 )
        }               \lyricsto StimmeEins \lyricmode { TextA }
                \new Lyrics \with {
                        \override LyricText #'font-size = #-2
                        \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'( 0
. 0 )
        }               \lyricsto StimmeEins \lyricmode { TextB }
                \new Lyrics \with {
                        \override LyricText #'font-size = #-2
                        \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'( 0
. 0 )
        }               \lyricsto StimmeEins \lyricmode { TextC }
                \new Lyrics \with {
                        \override LyricText #'font-size = #-2
                        \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'( 0
. 0 )
        }               \lyricsto StimmeEins \lyricmode { TextD }

Any ideas? Thanks a lot in advance...

Chris.