Re: Expecting '='

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Expecting '='
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 14:00:50 +0200

The first error message tells you that the \Score is wrong and as you certainly know, the capitalization matters in LilyPond. Just replace \Score with \score and things should work
better.

   /Mats

Palmer, Ralph wrote:
Greetings -

I'm missing something, but I don't know what. I'm running LP 2.11.27
under Windows XP SP 2. I use a short "Section Test" file to check
problems or to see if something works. When I run the following, it
produces the PDF I expect, but the log file sees a problem. I can't see
what's wrong. Can anyone help me out?

Ralph

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ralph Palmer, CEM
Energy/Administrative Coordinator
Keene State College
Keene, NH 03435-2502
Phone: 603-358-2230
Cell: 603-209-2903
Fax: 603-358-2456
address@hidden

+++++++++++++++ .ly file ++++++++++++

%Section Test

\version "2.11.27"
\include "english.ly"
\paper {
        ragged-right = ##t
}

SectionTest = {
        \key c \major
        \clef treble
        \time 4/4
        \relative c'' {
        c4 d e f
        f4 e d c

\Score {
        \SectionTest
}

+++++++++++++++ log ++++++++++++++++

# -*-compilation-*-
Changing working directory to: `C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My
Documents/Ralph/Sheet Music/LilyPond/Test'
Processing `C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My Documents/Ralph/Sheet
Music/LilyPond/Test/SectionTest.ly'
Parsing...
C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My Documents/Ralph/Sheet
Music/LilyPond/Test/SectionTest.ly:21:0: error: unknown escaped string:
`\Score'

\Score {

C:/Documents and Settings/rpalmer/My Documents/Ralph/Sheet
Music/LilyPond/Test/SectionTest.ly:21:7: error: syntax error, unexpected
'{', expecting '='
\Score {

Interpreting music... Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `SectionTest.ps'...
Converting to `SectionTest.pdf'...
error: failed files: "C:\\Documents and Settings\\rpalmer\\My
Documents\\Ralph\\Sheet Music\\LilyPond\\Test\\SectionTest.ly"

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering
        Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)