Re: Fingering between notehead and beam?

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Fingering between notehead and beam?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 22:48:57 -0500

I'm not sure if this will get precisely what you want, but it should get you on the right track:

http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Within_002dstaff-objects.html#Within_002dstaff-objects

It has to do with placement of objects, including fingerings. I tried all of these while proofreading for the GDP and was able to make them work as shown in the examples, but haven't tried any finer placement. If you come up with tweaks that get exactly the placement you want, please share with the list. I'd like to know how to do this, too.

Jon

Papa Eric wrote:
Hi lilyponders,

When note stems are up and beamed, fingerings (when up) will go above the stem and beam. How can I place them just above the note head
but left of the stem and below the beam?

I have found in the reference an "add-stem-support" property, but I found it is used for e.g. StringNumber to avoid stems by going above them (which is not done by default). For Fingering it does not seem to work (they avoid stems by default, and setting add-stem-support to ##f does not change that).

What I would like is not disable collision checks, but ensure the fingering goes above the head, left of the stem, and below the beam,
for example for:

{ c'16-1 d'-2 e'-3 f'-4 }

I have found nothing else that seems to be related to stem/beam placement.

Thanks for any help!