Re: Fingering between notehead and beam?

From: papa . eric
Subject: Re: Fingering between notehead and beam?
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 13:10:46 +0200 (CEST)

Thanks, however before asking this list I had read this page and the notation
guide and searched the internal reference, and did not find what I want. All
the tweaks I thought of would be awkward; for example moving all the fingering
positions by a fixed offset could work (1) if I disabling add-stem-support for
fingerings worked, and (2) if all my stems were all up or all down. Is it
possible to specify an offset that will inverse the Y-offset automatically
according to stem direction?

The best way would be an excplicit option to place fingerings below beams, but
still avoiding collisions with stems.

----- Mail Original -----
I'm not sure if this will get precisely what you want, but it should get
you on the right track:

http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Within_002dstaff-objects.html#Within_002dstaff-objects

It has to do with placement of objects, including fingerings.  I tried
all of these while proofreading for the GDP and was able to make them
work as shown in the examples, but haven't tried any finer placement.
If you come up with tweaks that get exactly the placement you want,
please share with the list.  I'd like to know how to do this, too.

Jon