Re: Problem with accidental not appearing

From: Griff Miller II
Subject: Re: Problem with accidental not appearing
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:27:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, May 28, 2008 9:54 am, Peter Johnson wrote:

> Griff,
>
> The f#16 at the start of the second passage is not a partial: remove this
> command and it's OK.  Looks like with \partial the d# is (incorrectly?)
> carried over from the previous uncompleted bar.

Thanks for replying, Peter. I'm not sure what you mean about that note not
being a partial - it does need to go in a bar by itself, it being a pickup to
the 2nd half of the piece.

Did you typeset the source? It should resemble a cut-down version of the
piece, which starts with a b16 pickup, followed by several 4/4 bars, then a
3-3/4 beat bar that repeats one time back to the top (including pickup). 2nd
time through, after the 3-3/4 beat bar, you take the pickup to the 2nd half of
the piece, which is the fis16 we are talking about. At the bottom of the piece
there is another 3-3/4 beat bar that repeats back to the fis16 pickup one
time.

I agree something seems incorrect - the dis after the fis pickup in the 2nd
half of the piece should have a # next to it. I can force it with ! but I'd
like to see it work without doing that.

Perhaps I should report this to the bug mailing list.

Griff