Barlines in a StaffGroup, using polymetric notation.

From: Jethro Van Thuyne
Subject: Barlines in a StaffGroup, using polymetric notation.
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 19:18:16 +0200 (CEST)

When using polymetric notation, is there a possibility to apply \bar ":" only to one staff, without seeing it appear on the other staves?

I'm scoring a piece for viola, contrabass and a piano playing in 3/4, with a soprano singing in 9/8, using:

 \set Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(9 . 8)
 \compressMusic #'(2 . 3) { ... }

For the sake of clear reading, I want to add \bar ":" to some places in the soprano part (e.g. every three eighth notes), but the dotted barlines keep appearing in all of the other staves in the StaffGroup too, which is not really what I want.

Is there some kind of tweak for this?

Kind regards,

Jethro Van Thuyne,
Antwerp, Belgium.