Re: lilypond-book and the path

From: fiëé visuëlle
Subject: Re: lilypond-book and the path
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 20:21:50 +0200

Am 2008-05-27 um 13:09 schrieb Michael Käppler:

If I process the following quoted file with lilypond-book in the path " ~/partituren " everything is fine! But if I do the same in " ~/partituren/schüler/humboldt" it doesn't work! What could be the reason?
I'm able to reproduce it here - seems that lilypond-book (more exactly
lilylib.ly) doesn't process the umlaut correctly.
Ugly workaround: rename the folder to schueler instead of schüler.

Are you by chance on MacOS X?
There's a very common problem with OSX's decomposed UTF-8 encoding in the file system. (TeX engines understand only composed UTF-8.)
Otherwise it's just a matter of wrong unicode handling.

(Yes, I promised to look at LilyPond's Python scripts before - my time always tends to slip away...)

Greetlings from Lake Constance
---
fiëé visuëlle
Henning Hraban Ramm