Re: Lilypond won't start, non of the versions.

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Lilypond won't start, non of the versions.
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:07:38 +0200

2008/6/2 Philip Kim <address@hidden>:
> I've tried installing 3 versions, the most recent to the stable and another
> older version but non of them will start.  I can see that it is running in the
> back when I see it on the Windows Task Manager but the program won't run
> except
> hogging up the CPU power.  What is wrong?  Am I missing some kind of file?

LilyPond is only meant to process text files (with a .ly extension).
It's normal if you don't see any window open (other than the small
notepad-like editor, that is just here to show you an example of
LilyPond code).

If you do have .ly files that you want to turn into a pdf score,
please tell us exactly which file causes Lilypond not to work.

If you do not have written any .ly code yet, then you have to learn a
bit the LilyPond syntax.
It's simple and easy; please have a look at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-learning/Tutorial
where everything is explained.

Good luck,
Valentin