Re: Lilypond won't start, non of the versions.

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Lilypond won't start, non of the versions.
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:22:20 +0200

2008/6/2 Philip Kim <address@hidden>:

> Thanks for the reply, Valentin.  But no luck.  I couldn't get the program to
> run.  I can't even see any text editor running.  I don't know what is wrong.

Just open an editor (notepad.exe, if you haven't anything better),
type some code in it:

{
  c' e' g' e'
}

then save you file as whateverYouWant.ly (beware: Windows may try to
add a .txt extension behind your back; you have to make sure the
*real* extension is .ly).

If LilyPond is correctly installed, the file should appear with a
music-note icon; if so, you can just double-click it (or right-click >
"Generate PDF"). Then after a few seconds you should see a PDF music
score appear next to the .ly file.

Cheers,
Valentin