Re: Fret diagrams

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Fret diagrams
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 08:37:30 +0200

Carl Sorensen schrieb:
Thomas Scharkowski <t.scharkowski <at> t-online.de> writes:

Hello,

can the lines of a fret diagram get diffent widths?
For example 6th string thick, 5th string thinner, 1st thinnest?

Thank you
Thomas

Currently, no.

It would be a relatively simple fix to add this functionality, but it would
require new properties to be added, which would further pollute the namespace.

I've never seen a fret diagram with variable string thicknesses.  Is this a
common notation for you, or is this something experimental you'd like to have?

Carl
I have seen such fret diagrams before. Normally, the line thickness is
fixed, but (especially for beginners) variable string thicknesses can help a lot.
A student of mine plays guitar left-handed and regularly gets confused
with the orientation of the fret diagrams. A thick low E string would solve this
problem almost immediately.

Marc