Re: Clef change and rest colliding

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Clef change and rest colliding
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 09:41:51 +0200

2008/6/5 Benedict Singer <address@hidden>:
> Here's a minimal example that produces the collision for me. In the
> meantime, any way to move that clef around which will force more space at
> the end of that line? Is the end-of-line clef change clef symbol referenced
> differently than just Clef?

Actually, you are responsible of this collision since you asked
LilyPond to \noBreak the whole line :-)

I'm not sure there's any way to allow more space for the Clef when the
spacing is forced to be so tight. AFAIK there's no special symbol for
clefs at the end of line; of course you could simply remove this Clef
by using:
         \set Staff.explicitClefVisibility = #end-of-line-invisible
and then
         \unset Staff.explicitClefVisibility

But it's really not convenient for whoever is gonna play your score :(

Cheers,
Valentin