Re: markup question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: markup question
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:37:31 +0200

As long as you don't have any \key command in your code, no key signature at all will be
typeset. Just add a
\key c \major
(or whatever signature) to get the desired symbol.

I hope you know about the built-in capabilities in LilyPond to handle non-standard key signatures. As long as you only want to have normal flat and sharp symbols in your custom key signature, there should be no need to typeset it manually using markups.

   /Mats

James E. Bailey wrote:
I'm trying some things and I expected a flat symbol on the bottom line but got nothing.
{
\override Staff.Clef #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
\override Staff.Clef #'text = \markup \musicglyph #"clefs.C"
\override Staff.KeySignature #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
\override Staff.KeySignature #'text = \markup \musicglyph #"accidentals.flat"
s1
}

Any ideas as to why?

        Mats Bengtsson