seeking suggestions: stage directions "staff"

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: seeking suggestions: stage directions "staff"
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:53:02 -0400

Hi all!

I'm engraving my current work -- a "live film" (as we're currently calling it) -- and would like some help on one matter.

In the score, I need to include (1) the script, and (2) stage directions. These items will be text, and will be synchronized with the music to some degree, but not rhythmicised in any strict way.

My current plan is to use one extra Staff context (with all the normal engravers removed) for each of these two text "streams", and simply attach \markuplines to notes (or rests or skips). Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Thanks,
Kieren.