Re: seeking suggestions: stage directions "staff"

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: seeking suggestions: stage directions "staff"
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 14:04:00 -0400

Hi Valentin,

It will not work, i'm afraid. \markuplines cannot work inside a \score block, IIRC.

I've gotten around that by using

    \markup \override #'(line-width . 64) \wordwrap { ... }

If you're up for a sponsorship or a bounty, I'll gladly join you!

Well, from the thread you referenced, it looks like you're doing/ needing something different than I am (right now)... I simply want to run a series of stage directions or script lines/cues above the (musical portion of the) score -- e.g., "Lights up on Little John and Robin Hood." -- without attaching the text to a specific instrument.

Best,
Kieren.