Re: How to extract parts

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: How to extract parts
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 07:14:45 +0000

Rael Bertarelli Gimenes Toffolo wrote:
Hi everyone...

How we can extract parts from a orchestral score like the scores from
mutopia project (I'm trying the Beethoven Romanze op. 50). I have checked
all documentation in the lilypond site... in the mailing-list and I can't
believe that it's so hard to do that in lilypond? Someone could help-me? And
would be great if we have some better explanation of this feature in the
official documentation..

Sorry by the trash english!!!

Thanks

In LilyPond you don't actually extract parts. You build scores. You can build a score which contains all the instruments of an ensemble, or you can build a score which contains only one part.

If you are trying to "extract parts" from a piece in the Mutopia project you will have to identify the parts you want and then write a small LilyPond file in which you use only that part.

Hope this helps.

-David