Re: change default horizontal spacing

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: change default horizontal spacing
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:23:22 +0200

Am Dienstag, 10. Juni 2008 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
> Hi James,
>
> > While I'm not particularly fond of how wide the spacing in the
> > earlier example is,
> > I prefer it to the spacing in the later example. So, I'm starting
> > to wonder
> > about how I can get somwhere in between.
>
> I fear you're comparing apples to oranges: from the sample documents
> you posted, it seems clear that the earlier document was specifically
> stretched to fill the whole page, whereas the later document wasn't.

Actually, I also noticed that recently Lilypond seems to use ragged-right=##t
for scores with only one line, while before the default was to use
ragged-right=##f, so all scores that looked fine before now look terrible,
because they no longer fill the whole line...

> In other words, make sure you're comparing similar outputs before
> changing something like the "default horizontal spacing".

In this case it's lilypond silently changing its default rather than the user!

Cheers,
Reinhold