Re: substitution with \movement

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: substitution with \movement
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:48:19 -0700

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:28:00 +0200
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/6/11 Nicolas Sceaux <address@hidden>:
> > Tis its extensibility that make LilyPond more likely to be able to
> > fit the more users needs, and its extensibility is made possible
> > because LilyPond is programmable (by the users). How could you get
> > rid off a full featured language -- scheme -- from LilyPond input
> > files without reimplementing it, badly most certainly.
>
> If I understood correctly, he's not complaining about the Scheme
> integration itself but the way it is parsed.

Oh, come on! What is so hard about typing #?  On an English
keyboard, you already need to be pressing the shift key to get the
" that you'll type for your string anyway.

Rewriting the parser for such a trivial thing would be a waste of
resources.  Just get used to typing #, just like {} or ,' or any
other piece of lilypond input.  The docs are supposed to use #""
all the time, to reinforce this point.

Cheers,
- Graham