Re: Roman numeral analysis

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Roman numeral analysis
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 00:06:35 +0200

If you search the mailing list archive, you will for example find
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-04/msg00127.html
which contains an attached example that might be useful.

   /Mats

Jesse Engle wrote:

I hoped there might be a seperate context for roman numerals similar
to the ChordNames context, in which you would specify the roman
numeral and its inversion (and any alterations using figured bass),
along with a duration. Depending on the duration of the chord in
question, the context would automatically create a prolongational line
up to the next chord.

This is just some stuff off the top of my head. I know that figured
bass can already be displayed, but maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to
have a seperate "FunctionalAnalysis" context that encompasses all that
I just talked about, including figured bass...

At any rate, what are my options?

Thanks!

- Jesse

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Mats Bengtsson