Re: substitution with \movement

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: substitution with \movement
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:16:52 -0700

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:48:12 +0200
Arjan Bos <address@hidden> wrote:

> If it were only for `#' denoted strings, I agree with you, but there
> are plenty of other inconsistencies in the LilyPond syntax that are
> fully understandable from the viewpoint of the program, but make
> almost no sense from the user's.

Have you read the new Learning Manual chapter 5: Tweaks?  I highly
recommend doing so.  It clarifies a lot of things.  I'm willing to
guarantee that every user other than Mats will learn something by
reading LM 5.

There is absolutely no development resources available for
undertaking any sweeping changes to the syntax, and I would be
shocked if this changes within the next 5 years.

Cheers,
- Graham