Re: Paying for features

From: Shelagh Manton
Subject: Re: Paying for features
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:01:57 +1000

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:42:33 -0300
"Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden> wrote:

> [+lilypond-user]
>
> I don't do this anymore - but I used to charge 100 EUR per hour, and
> what you're sketching is several months of works at the least.
>
> why don't you browse around a little more.  I bet there are sequencers
> that are better suited to what you need.
>
> good luck.

Doesn't scala make up microtonal scales?
http://www.xs4all.nl/~huygensf/scala/

Maybe they could use that to create the scales and dump the scale to a
sound font or csound, pd (speaking from total ignorance of csound
and pd here, but the features page says you can do it) and then just
compose a song in lilypond to make a midi to play in a sequencer using
the scale you've created.

I don't know how practical this would be but it seems that maybe scala
might fit part of your bill.

Shelagh

Jabber: address@hidden