Re: minimumVerticalExtent & minimum-Y-extent

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: minimumVerticalExtent & minimum-Y-extent
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:13:04 +0100

Hi Risto

The \addlyrics construct does have its limitations due to relying on the implicit creation of the various contexts, and this seems to be one of them, although I would regard this as a bug.

If you specify the contexts explicitly you can use the \with construct, which does seem to work as you would like:

{
 <<
   \new Staff {
     \new Voice = "a" {
       R1 c'2 c'
   \new Lyrics \with { \override VerticalAxisGroup
                       #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-0.5 . 20) } {
     \lyricsto "a" {
       Tra la!
   \new Staff {
     \new Voice = "b" {
       c'2 c' c' c'
   \new Lyrics \with { \override VerticalAxisGroup
                       #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-0.5 . 5) } {
     \lyricsto "b" {
       Tra la la la!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Risto Vääräniemi" <address@hidden>