Re: Syntax explanations

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: Syntax explanations
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 10:40:40 +0200

Am 13.06.2008 um 23:17 schrieb Graham Percival:

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:46:57 +0200
Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> wrote:

Am Donnerstag, 12. Juni 2008 schrieb Graham Percival:
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 06:22:44 -0600

"Carl D. Sorensen" <address@hidden> wrote:
A figured bass entry [TODO: enter correct term...] is of the form
  < //number//modifier(s) ...  >duration

I'm not wild about discussing the standard chord notation
< ... >duration
but the below table would be totally ok.

Ah, thanks for pointing out that figured bass figures actually use
the chord notation! To me, it was simply the syntax for figured bass
and never occured to me that it was connected to chord syntax in any
way.

This *should* be clear in the GDP docs, but I'm not certain if it
was added or not.  Could you check, and tell Carl if it's not
added?

Cheers,
- Graham