CR/LF regression in Lilypond editor

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: CR/LF regression in Lilypond editor
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 05:38:35 -0400

Hello all,

Has anyone else run into issues with the way the Lilypond editor (Mac OS X 10.4) handles CR/LF?

I don't remember exactly when, but starting at least five or six .01 versions ago, anything I cut and paste from my Lilypond editor to (e.g.) my email would have no CR/LF left in them. [Still happens with 2.11.49 -- I just checked.]

It was only an annoyance, until I (just) realised that many confusing errors I've been running into have been from Lily thinking that (e.g.)

    % some comment
           a4 b c d

was

    % some comment a4 b c d

which, as you can imagine, are quite different!  =)

Regards,
Kieren.