Re: footer strings

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: footer strings
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 21:21:50 +0200

I would like to make the instrument name appear at the bottom of each page.
So I tried to use oddFooterMarkup as it works for all pages.
( if evenFooterMarkup is not defined. )
I don't have any warning at compilation but it does not work.

If your score looks like that, there is no reasons that it doesn't work
(it works for me \version "2.11.40") :

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
music = { \repeat unfold 3 {\repeat unfold 8 { c'1 \break} \pageBreak } }

\paper {
     printallheaders=##f
   oddFooterMarkup = \markup \fill-line{
      \bold \concat {
       \fromproperty #'header:title " - "
       \fromproperty #'header:instrument " - "
       \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
 }}
}

\book
{
   \header { title = "The title" instrument = "clarinette" }
   \score { %% score 1
       \new Staff \music
   }
   \score { %% score 2
       \new Staff \transpose c d \music
%%%%%%%%%%%%%

BUT, it will NOT work, if you put your \header block inside the score definition like that :

%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\book
{
\score { %% score 1
    \new Staff \music
    \header { title = "The title" instrument = "clarinette" }
}
\score { %% score 2
   \new Staff \transpose c d \music
   \header { title = "An other title" instrument = "clarinette" }
See this previous message :
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-03/msg00359.html

Gilles