Re: different rehearsal mark settings in score and parts

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: different rehearsal mark settings in score and parts
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:44:36 +0100

Hi Haipeng,

2008/6/14 hhpmusic <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>   I used Vallentin's MarkLines to construct rehearsal marks above the whole
> score and first violin. But the log file always says improbable rehearsal
> marks 13xx.xxxxxxxx..., although I reduced the global staff size and the
> outside staff priority. Are my rehearsal marks look fine? Otherwise, how to
> get rid of this error? What staff size should I choose for this score (a3
> paper)?

Your marks are underneath the double bass (hence the improbable
offset) because the MarkLine context is rejected by GrandStaff. You've
got two options:

- put the MarkLine context outside the GrandStaff blocks;
- add another \context block to \layout:

\context {
  \GrandStaff
  \accepts MarkLine
}

I see you're using SystemStartBraces; IMO they tend to look very ugly
when they get large. Brackets are much more idiomatic.

You've got a StaffGroup for the whole orchestra, which means your
rehearsal marks clash with the bar line above the violins; it's also
easier to see the individual groups if each is barred separately.

Regards,
Neil