Re: transpose notes to new key?

From: Jesse Engle
Subject: Re: transpose notes to new key?
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:57:02 -0400

Mark, you could actually avoid using a computer at all. Instead, just
read a musical passage aloud, stating the names of the notes. I did
this when I needed to learn to read alto and tenor clefs.

For key signatures, just make flash cards. You're guaranteed to learn
them faster that way.

You could also using the note and key signature trainers here:

 http://musictheory.net/

No sense in reinventing the wheel in Lilypond (as much as we all love it).

- Jesse