Re: Manual start-repeat (GDP)

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Manual start-repeat (GDP)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:26:26 +0100

Hi Ralph,

2008/6/18 Palmer, Ralph <address@hidden>:
> Greetings -
>
> I'm running LilyPond 2.11.49 under WinXP SP2.
>
> I've been working on Repeats for the GDP, and found that
> \set Score.repeatCommands = #'( start-repeat )
> doesn't work if it's at the beginning of a score. It looks like it has
> to follow a note or a skip. Here are three snippets: <Test volta start
> a.ly> puts the |: bar line in the wrong place; <Test volta start b.ly>
> produces no |: bar line; and <Test volta start c.ly> puts a |: bar line
> in the right place, except that it's displaced to the right because of
> the skip. Is this a bug?

I don't think it is. In this case LilyPond follows the standard
typesetting rules for repeats.

Of course, you can force a repeat by using \bar "||:", possibly with
an override for 'break-align-orders depending on whether you want the
repeat positioned before or after the time signature.

Regards,
Neil