Re: creating png snippets that aren't the full paper size

From: Matthew Rowles
Subject: Re: creating png snippets that aren't the full paper size
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 09:47:31 +1000

2008/6/22 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> You read AU 4.6.3 Inserting LilyPond output into other programs,
> from the 2.11 docs.  Actually, I think this exists in the 2.10
> docs as well, albeit in a different document.

(Lets try again, without the attachments....)

Yes, I did read that, I just couldn't find it again to write down it's
location...

I've tried it again with PNG and EPS (I hadn't tried this before), and
I may have found a bug...

My entire ly file is:

\paper{
 indent=0\mm
 line-width=120\mm
 oddFooterMarkup=##f
 oddHeaderMarkup=##f
 bookTitleMarkup = ##f
 scoreTitleMarkup = ##f
}

{c1}

if I  try (copied from the docs)
lilypond -dbackend=eps -dno-gs-load-fonts -dinclude-eps-fonts   myfile.ly

I get a nice EPS file that is cropped to size. If I don't include the
\paper block, then I get a full page.

The same file processed by
lilypond --png myfile.ly

produces a full page output. I can't find any other mentions of PNG
specfic options in the docs.

I am using 2.11.45.

--
Matthew Rowles