Re: StaffGroup bar line problem in polymetric notation

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: StaffGroup bar line problem in polymetric notation
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 02:59:16 +0000 (UTC)

Libero Mureddu <libero.mureddu <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Carl and list,
> I just realized that for some (to me) strange reason, with your
> solution (using \override StaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil = ##f instead
> of \remove "Span_bar_engraver"), the grand piano staff doesn't have
> anymore the barline across its two staves.
> Do you have any idea about this behavior and how to get back the
> pianostaff barline?
> Thanks,
>
> Libero

You need to create the PianoStaff as an InnerStaffGroup, so it can have its
own StaffBar stencil.

%% Start of code: Polymetric notation with Group bars on and off.

\version "2.11.48"

\layout {
       \context {
         \Score
         \remove "Timing_translator"
         \remove "Default_bar_line_engraver"
       }
       \context {
               \StaffGroup
               % \remove "Span_bar_engraver"
       }
               \context {
         \Staff
         \consists "Timing_translator"
         \consists "Default_bar_line_engraver"

     % Now each staff has its own time signature.

     \relative c' <<
     \new StaffGroup <<
      \override StaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil = ##f
     \new Staff
      { \time 3/4
         d c c |
         c c c |
         d c c |
         c c c |
         c8
       }
       \new Staff {
         \time 2/4
         c4 c |
         c c |
         c c |
         \revert  StaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil
         c4 c |
         \override StaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil = ##f
         c c |
         c c |
          \revert  StaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil
         c8
         %\override StaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil = ##f
       }
       \new Staff {
         \time 3/8
         c4. |
         c8 c c |
         c4. |
         c8 c c |
         c4. |
         c8 c c |
         c4. |
         c8 c c |
         c8
       }
       \new InnerStaffGroup <<
         \override InnerStaffGroup.SpanBar #'stencil = #ly:span-bar::print
         \set InnerStaffGroup.systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartBrace
            \new Staff { \time 6/8
            c2. |
            c |
            c2. |