Re: Inspirational Headwords for Chords section of manual

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: Inspirational Headwords for Chords section of manual
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:28:13 -0500

Ok I understand now. It just never occurred to me that "inspirational headword" could refer to a passage of music. Sounds like something from a hymnal.

It looks like the fretted strings and keyboard sections still need these things and I have a number of original works for piano and for classical guitar from which I could draw if the people in charge of those sections would like to see them. (I've been working on fretted strings, but I think I'm only working on the learning manual?)

Jon

Graham Percival wrote:
Look at NR 1.  Every section contains two to four lines of
music notation, demonstrating features covered in that section.

We're not looking for complete pieces.  We're not looking for new
compositions -- although if you have one, and don't mind releasing
a small portion of it under a copyleft license, that would be
great.

We're looking for approximately *eight bars* of music that
somewhat makes sense, and ideally looks fancy or neat.

Frankly, if you're familiar with that instrument and you're a
composer, it should take fifteen minutes to invent eight bars of
music for it.  I don't know why there's such confusion about this.

Cheers,
- Graham

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:52:34 -0500