Re: Repeats GDP Break_Align_Order

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Repeats GDP Break_Align_Order
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 14:25:36 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 25. Juni 2008 schrieb Palmer, Ralph:
> Greetings -
>
> I'm running LilyPond 2.11.49 under Windows XP SP2.
>
> I'm working (still) on Repeats for the GDP. I'm trying to get a begin
> (open) repeat sign at the start of a piece. The only way I've been able
> to do it so far is with a
> \bar "|:"
> attached to a skip. It was suggested that I use the
> Score.breakAlignOrder property. I checked the thread from around 14
> March 2003, and came up with

Ah, that's the syntax for an old version. Meanwhile the syntax has changed:

>       \property Score.breakAlignOrder = #'(
>       instrument-name
[...]
>       custos
>       )

The new way is:
  \once \override Score.BreakAlignment #'break-align-orders =
      #(make-vector 3 '(instrument-name
        left-edge
        ambitus
        span-bar
        breathing-sign
        clef
        key-signature
        time-signature
        staff-bar
        custos
        span-bar))

Full example is attached.

Can you please submit such an example also to the LSR
(https://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/list.php?type=snippet)...

> I've tried searching the NR, IR, AU, and SL for breakAlign, with no
> luck.
>
> Can anyone point out the error of my ways?

See the break-align-orders property in the IR (there's even an example from
where I copied the above code):
http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/texi2html-out/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/User-backend-properties.html

Cheers,
Reinhold