Re: using lilypond book to create pdfs without latex

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: using lilypond book to create pdfs without latex
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 01:00:10 -0700

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:48:37 +0200
"Philip Chinery" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thank you for the quick answer, though this is sad news for me, of
> course ;-)
>
> I am not really familiar with python and so I had a bit of a problem
> looking at the code. In general, this should not be too hard to do,
> when the groundwork is solid, to run this with custom widths instead
> of the tex command things...
> At least, there must be a way latex calls lilypond

Please post under the text; this makes it much easier to follow
discussions.  As you can see from this email, it becomes much
harder to read if you don't do this -- newcomers must read the
bottom two parts, then the top part, then this middle part.

(some long-time readers will break this rule in specific
circumstances, but those are special cases)

Short answer: I'm certain that it's possible to do what you want.

Long answer:
What do you mean by a "songbird script"?

It's certainly possible to create multiple small portions of
lilypond; see the docs about embedding lilypond output into other
programs.  If you're familiar with the unix command line, it's
trivial to convert eps to pdf images and include them wherever you
want.  If you're not familiar with the command line, then I'm
really wondering what a "songbird script" is.

Cheers,
- Graham