Re: \repeat with upbeat (partial) and alternatives

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: \repeat with upbeat (partial) and alternatives
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 00:11:05 +0200

E. Weehaeli wrote:

it is only after a long search that I found an easy way to repeat a part of a melody - with an upbeat - ending before the end of a measure - having different durations in the alternatives
- without producing warnings in the log

isn't this a third way that should/could be added to the examples in the manual [NR 1.4.1.1 Normal repeats: "Repeats with upbeats can be entered in two ways...."]
or ... - did I miss something?

\version "2.11.49"
{ \repeat volta 2 { \partial 8 c'8 | c'2.}
\alternative {{ f'8 } { \partial 4 f'4 | }}
d'1 |
}
What you propose is similar to one of the solutions proposed in
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=355&q=alternative

In my experience, it's fairly uncommon in printed music to have this kind of
different durations in the two alternatives, so I don't think that it's common enough to deserve a specific example in the manual. You may want to submit it to the LSR, though.

  /Mats